Why a Toyota SUV Should Be Your First Choice
SUVs of all sizes continue to be among the best selling models across all brands. Toyota is a name associated with quality, affordability, and long-term value. SUVs like the Toyota 4Runner and Toyota Highlander are designed to handle your active lifestyle.
Whether that means daily work commutes, transporting kids to after school activities or a cross-country road trip, there is a model that’s right for your needs. Why buy a Toyota SUV? Wilde Toyota in Milwaukee, WI gives you 6 reasons why.
1. With You for the Long Haul
What makes the Toyota brand so special? Reliability. Durability. Stability.
A majority of Toyota’s on the road are over twenty years old. If you plan to buy an SUV like the Toyota RAV4, you can expect to own it for a long time. Maybe your children will even end up driving it someday.
2. Strong Resale Value
If you ever do decide to trade in your Toyota SUV, you’ll want to get the most money out of it, right? When you buy a Toyota, you can be assured of getting the best resale price.
How do we know this?
Kelley Blue Book named Toyota the “Best Brand” in terms of resale value for 2019. The honor represents a “three-peat”, as this is the third year in a row that Toyota has outranked its competitors.
3. All-Wheel Drive and 4-Wheel Drive Options
Most Toyota SUVs offer options when it comes to powertrain systems, so you can choose All-Wheel Drive (AWD) or 4-Wheel Drive (4WD).
Why is this important? Powertrain systems are designed to handle specific road and weather conditions. From tackling frigid Wisconsin winters and off-roading adventures to battling city traffic, each has a purpose.
AWD systems send power to the front and wheel tires simultaneously. This can give your Toyota Sequoia a better grip if there is ever a loss of traction due to weather or changing road conditions (such as going off-road).
4WD systems also deliver power to all four tires by sending torque to increase traction. Although both systems do essentially the same thing, 4WD is generally built for more rugged terrain. The system you choose will depend on your particular needs.
4. Advanced Safety Technology
Nothing is more important than the safety of your family. Toyota SUVs are equipped with some of the most advanced driver-assist technology available to help you avoid or lessen the severity of accidents.
Toyota Safety Sense™ (which comes standard on many models) includes a number of systems like:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Brake Assist
- Lane Departure Warning with Steering Assist
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
5. Superior Fuel Efficiency
We’re all trying to economize and do more for the environment. Toyota makes it easier with SUVs that are designed to get you more MPGs in the city and highway. These include regular gas models with more than competitive MPG like the Toyota C-HR to hybrid editions of popular models like the Toyota RAV4 and Toyota Highlander.
6. Connectivity Wherever You Go
Staying connected is essential these days, even when you’re in the car. Technology can get you where you’re going, help you avoid traffic tie-ups, and keep your kids entertained on long drives.
Toyota SUVs are equipped with a number of standard and available infotainment features, including:
- Entune™ 2.0 multimedia system
- Bluetooth® calling
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smart device connectivity
- Multiple USB ports for smart devices
- Digital touchscreen controls
Which Toyota SUV Is Right for You?
Toyota offers a number of options when it comes to SUVs, from compact crossovers to full-size models. Let’s take a look at three of our top sellers.
1. Toyota Highlander
Roomy and capable, the full-size Toyota Highlander has seating for up to 8, with available second-row captain’s chairs and a standard 60/40 split third-row seat. Include everyone in the fun with five USB ports for your smart devices. The Highlander features superior fuel efficiency, including a hybrid version.
- Offered in Front-Wheel Drive and Dynamic Torque-Control All-Wheel Drive
- 2.7-liter 4-cylinder (I-4) engine that gets 185-hp or the available 3.5-liter V6 engine, which boosts performance to 295-hp and 263-lb.ft. of torque
- Direct 8-speed automatic transmission (with the V6 engine)
- Optimized fuel efficiency with an Ultra Low Emission Vehicle II rating
- Towing capacity of up to 5,000 lbs. (available)
2. Toyota 4Runner
The Toyota 4Runner is a full-size SUV that is designed for those who want more adventure in life. It is durable, tough, and technologically advanced. The 4Runner is offered in 2 or 3-row versions, with seating for 5-7 people. It features a 40/20/40 fold-flat second-row seat and up to 88.8-cu.ft. of cargo space.
- Offered in 4×2 and 4×4 versions
- 4.0-liter V6 engine that gets 270-hp and 278-lb.ft. of torque
- Two 4-Wheel Drive Systems: SR5 4WD or TRD Off-Road/w part-time 4WD and Active Traction Control (A-TRAC).
- 5-speed automatic w/OD and auto-manual transmission
- Multi-terrain Select allows you to choose from four different drive modes
3. Toyota RAV4
The spirit of adventure is alive in this compact crossover SUV. It has 2 rows with seating for up to 5. The RAV4 offers good fuel economy, including a hybrid version, as well as a host of standard safety features.
- Offered in Front-Wheel Drive and Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive (TV-AWD) for improved responsiveness and stability on the road
- 2.5-liter 4-cylinder (I-4) engine that gets 203-hp and 184-lb.ft. of torque
- 8-speed automatic w/OD and auto-manual transmission
- 3 drive modes: Sport Mode, ECO Mode, and Normal Mode
- Hand-free power liftgate
Buying a Toyota SUV in Milwaukee
If you’re in the Milwaukee, WI area and you’re looking for a new SUV, check out Wilde Toyota. We carry a wide inventory of the most popular new Toyota SUVs, including the Toyota RAV4, Toyota Highlander, and Toyota 4Runner. We also carry a selection of sedans like the popular Toyota Camry and hearty trucks such as the Toyota Tundra.
Visit us at 3225 South 108th Street, West Allis, WI. You can always call 414-312-4801 to schedule an appointment for a test drive. One of our experienced sales associates will be happy to discuss the features of the various Toyota SUVs to help you decide which model suits your needs and budget.